
Buy this product here: Jack Russell Terrier Hawaiian Shirt
Home page: TAGOTEE SHOP
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack Russell Terrier Hawaiian Shirt
photo while in the Army in 1960. Tobbie Ingram in the military
While in the military, Ingram was the first African American military policeman chosen to attend the 7th army non-commissioned officers academy in Germany, the first African American provost marshal assigned to the Lexington-Blue Grass Army Depot and Blue Grass Chemical Activity in Kentucky, the first African American provost marshal assigned to the Milan Army Ammunition Depot in Milan, Tennessee, the first African American selected to attend the Infantry Officer’s Candidate School from the advance weapon command in Germany and the first African American military policeman assigned to 202 MP Company in Ingrandes, France.
“I just felt like a regular individual,” Ingram said. “I was never faced with any type of discrimination. I was just received as another member of the armed forces.”
The trailblazing wasn’t new to him: As a youth he was a member of the Chickasaw Council Boy Scouts of America Troop 111 of Memphis. They were the first African American troop to complete the 24-mile Carson Trek at the Philmont Scout Ranch in Cimmaron, New Mexico.
The military took Ingram across the world: From basic training at Fort Hood Texas, to three deployments to Germany, to South Korea, to Maryland, to Virginia, to two-and-a-half months in Turkey, to France to Tennessee.
In Germany, he guarded nuclear warheads. In Virginia, he attended President John F. Kennedy’s funeral.
Eventually, he attended military police school.
“I learned a lot. When I first went into infantry, basic training, they gave me a heavy weapon and told me to run up and down the hills,” Ingram said. “When I finished that tour of duty in Germany I knew I wanted to change career fields so I selected the military police. I have really enjoyed my service with the military police. It’s been a real good experience. I really was very much impressed with what the military police at that time was doing.”
What to expect during Memorial Day weekend in Memphis: Potential gas prices, traffic and rain during Memorial Day weekend
Memorial Day in Memphis: 7 things to do over the weekend
Visit our Social Network: TAGOTEE Pinterest, Twitter , Instagram and Our blog TAGOTEE over-blog, Tagotee blogspot
Comments
Post a Comment