Rottweiler Angry 3D All Over Print Hoodie

 Rottweiler-Angry-3D-All-Over-Print-Hoodie-510x510

Buy this product here: Rottweiler Angry 3D All Over Print Hoodie

Home page:  TAGOTEE SHOP

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rottweiler Angry 3D All Over Print Hoodie

 What it means to "take a history"

There are two classes of errors that are commonly made when taking a behavioral history: (1) thinking that you knew something going into the history that you did not, and (2) thinking that because you were told something there was information worth having in what you were told. One of the most valuable skills that people who are interested in behavior and behavioral medicine can cultivate is the ability to recognize and acknowledge what they don't know. To do this you have to be willing to let go of labels, to watch the dog / client dyad with the unbiased eyes of the true ethologist or anthropologist, and to listen both to what is said, and what is not said. Concrete examples will make sense of these concepts.

Class 1 errors: The first class of errors - thinking you knew something when you didn't - often involves images conjured by labels. Think of the mental pictures generated by the following labels "rottweiler", "intact male dog", "herding dog", "docile breed", "sharp dog", "attack dog", "Chippendale", "dumb blonde". If you're not cringing, laughing, or saying, "uh huh" by now you're missing the point. All of these descriptions are labels whose repeatability and reliability have not been tested. In other words, I don't know if what I am calling a "herding dog" conjures up the same image that it does for the person whose pet I am treating. They may be telling me that they have a "herding dog" and describing some smallish fuzzy home-made crossbred who is just excellent at rounding up the family's chickens and in my limited mind's eye I see an Australian shepherd grabbing a cow. Unless I let go of or suspend my image of the phrase or label "herding dog" and ask the client what they mean by it, I cannot help them because I'm discussing a label - not the patient. This example seems trivial, but if a miscommunication can occur because of phrase that has no intrinsic value, think of the problems that can occur with some of the more judgmental labels in the string above. I periodically exasperate my friends who show dogs by calling most herding breeds "working" dogs. I know that they are not in the AKC's working dog group, but I am using the words to describe what they do, not their label.

 

 

 

Visit our Social Network: TAGOTEE Pinterest, Twitter , Instagram and Our blog TAGOTEE over-blog, Tagotee blogspot

Comments